Converting Currency Field to Number

Melih

      12th Sep 2004
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert a currency
field into a numerical field such that the dollar sign is
been removed.

Situation is as follows: using a query to make a new
table. one of the fields is a currency field. In the
new table it continues to stay as a currency field;
although in the new table we want it as a numerical field.

Is there a way of doing this without having to change the
field type in the table manually?

Thanks.

fredg

      12th Sep 2004
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:51:29 -0700, Melih wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert a currency
> field into a numerical field such that the dollar sign is
> been removed.
>
> Situation is as follows: using a query to make a new
> table. one of the fields is a currency field. In the
> new table it continues to stay as a currency field;
> although in the new table we want it as a numerical field.
>
> Is there a way of doing this without having to change the
> field type in the table manually?
>
> Thanks.

The $ is showing not because the field is a Currency datatype, but
because the field is formatted to display it as currency.
In the table, change the Field's Format property from "Currency" to
"Fixed".
Change the Decimal Places property to 2 (unless you want more).
--
Fred
Please only reply to this newsgroup.

Van T. Dinh

      12th Sep 2004
In the Make-Table Query, use:

CcyToDbl: CDbl([YourCurrencyField])

rather than the currency Field.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

news:0b8601c498f1$21bef700$(E-Mail Removed)...