Convert .rpt to .txt files

Dave

      23rd Jun 2005

Is there any way to convert a downloaded .rpt file to a .txt file (through
WordPad or otherwise)?

The Problem:
We download a large number of small report files each day that must be
combined into one large file. They come in as .rpt files, we open each
file in WordPad, and then must copy and paste one file on top of the other
until we end up with one large file.

I found a program that will automatically combine .txt files into one file
but it will not work with .rpt files. I need a program that will do the same
with .rpt files or find a way to convert the files to .txt.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Dave

R. McCarty

      23rd Jun 2005
..Rpt is probably just a simple ASCII based text file. These can
usually be opened by any Text editor. Why not just rename them
to a .Txt extension

> Is there any way to convert a downloaded .rpt file to a .txt file (through
> WordPad or otherwise)?
>
> The Problem:
> We download a large number of small report files each day that must be
> combined into one large file. They come in as .rpt files, we open each
> file in WordPad, and then must copy and paste one file on top of the other
> until we end up with one large file.
>
> I found a program that will automatically combine .txt files into one file
> but it will not work with .rpt files. I need a program that will do the
> same with .rpt files or find a way to convert the files to .txt.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
> Dave

Bob I

      23rd Jun 2005
If in fact they are plain text files (ascii)

then command line would be

Copy file1.rpt + file2.rpt + file3.rpt allfiles.txt /A

see Copy /? for particulars