Convert received plain text emails to HTML

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnQ2hlZXNl?=

      7th Oct 2006
I know that I can automatically convert all received e-mails to plain text,
but isn't there a way to convert all received (plain text) e-mails to HTML?
I'm really sick of having to reply in plain text unless I change it by hand
every single time. Thanks.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      8th Oct 2006
Why do you want to force your preferred text format on someone who obviously prefers plain text, let alone those who can't read anything EXCEPT plain text?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, TheBigCheese asked:

| I know that I can automatically convert all received e-mails to plain
| text, but isn't there a way to convert all received (plain text)
| e-mails to HTML? I'm really sick of having to reply in plain text
| unless I change it by hand every single time. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnQ2hlZXNl?=

      8th Oct 2006
They can read HTML. In at least one case, they compose in HTML, and for
whatever reason it converts to plain text (I have the option unchecked in my
Outlook, so maybe it's something on the other end).

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Why do you want to force your preferred text format on someone who obviously prefers plain text, let alone those who can't read anything EXCEPT plain text?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, TheBigCheese asked:
>
> | I know that I can automatically convert all received e-mails to plain
> | text, but isn't there a way to convert all received (plain text)
> | e-mails to HTML? I'm really sick of having to reply in plain text
> | unless I change it by hand every single time. Thanks.

Ben M. Schorr - MVP

      8th Oct 2006
Aloha TheBigCheese,

Have you tried asking them to compose to you in HTML?

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

> They can read HTML. In at least one case, they compose in HTML, and
> for whatever reason it converts to plain text (I have the option
> unchecked in my Outlook, so maybe it's something on the other end).
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Why do you want to force your preferred text format on someone who
>> obviously prefers plain text, let alone those who can't read anything
>> EXCEPT plain text?
>>
>> --
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>> reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, TheBigCheese asked:
>>
>> | I know that I can automatically convert all received e-mails to
>> plain
>> | text, but isn't there a way to convert all received (plain text)
>> | e-mails to HTML? I'm really sick of having to reply in plain text
>> | unless I change it by hand every single time. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnQ2hlZXNl?=

      9th Oct 2006
I'm pretty sure that at least one of them does compose in HTML, it just
somehow gets converted on their end. Is there any way to have my Outlook
convert those to HTML?

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" wrote:

> Aloha TheBigCheese,
>
> Have you tried asking them to compose to you in HTML?
>
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr - MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm
>
> > They can read HTML. In at least one case, they compose in HTML, and
> > for whatever reason it converts to plain text (I have the option
> > unchecked in my Outlook, so maybe it's something on the other end).
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Why do you want to force your preferred text format on someone who
> >> obviously prefers plain text, let alone those who can't read anything
> >> EXCEPT plain text?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> >> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> >> reading.
> >>
> >> After furious head scratching, TheBigCheese asked:

> >> plain

Ben M. Schorr - MVP

      9th Oct 2006
Aloha TheBigCheese,

You could probably write some VB code that automatically forces your editor
into HTML format when you reply regardless of the original format.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

> I'm pretty sure that at least one of them does compose in HTML, it
> just somehow gets converted on their end. Is there any way to have my
> Outlook convert those to HTML?
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Aloha TheBigCheese,
>>
>> Have you tried asking them to compose to you in HTML?
>>
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr - MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm
>>> They can read HTML. In at least one case, they compose in HTML, and
>>> for whatever reason it converts to plain text (I have the option
>>> unchecked in my Outlook, so maybe it's something on the other end).

Dan Pascal

      9th Oct 2006
Hello,

You can use an add-in that will convert any email you reply, to a format
that wish to use (HTML in your case) so you won't have to change it
manually. An example of an add-in that can do that is Bells & Whistles for
Outlook. You can find it at this link:
http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/productivity.html

news:(E-Mail Removed)...