Convert QPW to XLS - Please Help!

=?Utf-8?B?TkpQSFI=?=

      22nd Sep 2005
I am running Win XP Pro and need to convert a Quattro Pro .qpw file to Excel
xls. I've tried running the converter downloads from the MS site, however,
they are not converting the document. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Timothy L

      20th Oct 2005
The converters listed on the Microsoft Download site only convert Quattro Pro (.wb3) file format, NOT the
newer Quattro Pro (.qpw) file format

Microsoft Excel CANNOT open or read the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file format.
There are NO converters/filters for Microsoft Excel that would allow you to open a Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in
Microsoft Excel.
In addition, Corel DOES NOT have a (free) Quattro Pro viewer.

The only way to open a Quattro Pro file would be to download and install WordPerfect Office 12 Standard
Edition Trial from Corel's website.

http://www.corel.com/

Need to open a file?
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047024061459

WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...nloadContainer

AFTER WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial has been installed...
Open the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in Quattro Pro 12 by either double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer or
by starting Quattro Pro from the Start Menu (under Start -> Programs -> WordPerfect Office 12 -> Quattro Pro)
and then going to File -> Open...

In Quattro Pro, click File, then click Save As...
Choose "Microsoft Excel 97/2000/2002/2003" as the file type.
Choose a location to save the file. If I were you, I'd save it in same location as the original Quattro Pro
file.
Click the "Save" button.

Now open the Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xls) in Microsoft Excel as you normally would open any other
Microsoft Excel Worksheet.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"NJPHR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am running Win XP Pro and need to convert a Quattro Pro .qpw file to Excel
> xls. I've tried running the converter downloads from the MS site, however,
> they are not converting the document. Any suggestions? Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZXJseQ==?=

      26th Dec 2005
Thank you! I had been trying to open a Quattro Pro spreadsheet w/excel and
trying to find a QP viewer or some sort of converter. Of course with no
luck. I am currently downloading the trial version. Again....thanks!
Beverly