Convert long integer color value to RGB

Dale Fye

      12th Mar 2008
I have some long integer color values that I need to convert to RGB parameters.

I saw a formula for this somewhere, but cannot remember the specifics and
cannont find a referenece on-line.

Dale
--

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

tohlz

      12th Mar 2008
You can look for online convertor (Search for RGB to Hex Converter):
http://bumblemonkey.com/picker/picker.html
--
Shawn Toh (tohlz)
Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

Site Updated: Feb 20, 2008
(Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
http://pptheaven.mvps.org
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> I have some long integer color values that I need to convert to RGB parameters.
>
> I saw a formula for this somewhere, but cannot remember the specifics and
> cannont find a referenece on-line.
>
> Dale
> --
>
> email address is invalid
> Please reply to newsgroup only.

Chirag

      12th Mar 2008
Here is a sub routine that you can use:

---
Sub ConvertLongToRGB(ByVal Value As Long, R As Byte, G As Byte, B As Byte)
R = Value Mod 256
G = Int(Value / 256) Mod 256
B = Int(Value / 256 / 256) Mod 256
End Sub
---

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Dale Fye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have some long integer color values that I need to convert to RGB
>parameters.
>
> I saw a formula for this somewhere, but cannot remember the specifics and
> cannont find a referenece on-line.
>
> Dale
> --
>
> email address is invalid
> Please reply to newsgroup only.

Dale Fye

      13th Mar 2008
Thanks, guys.

I eventually found what I needed in the Powerpoint help. I had looked at
the RGB property, but didn't realize that there was also a function, and the
function example gave me what I needed.

Dale

news:(E-Mail Removed)...