How to convert Excel to ASCII file?

CJN

      6th Jan 2004
I have a large Excel file with many columns and rows. I need to
convert it to an ASCII file that has each file separated by commas and
with each field surrounded by double quotation marks.

Can anyone guide me as to how to do this?

Many thanks,

Earl Kiosterud

      6th Jan 2004
CJN,

You can save the file (File - Save As) specifying csv or txt as the file
type ("Save as type" at bottom of dialog). Neither, as far as I know, will
put quote marks around all fields -- only those with a field delimiter
(comma) or text qualifier (quote marks) in the actual data. Quote marks
around all fields aren't normally needed. If they are, try the Text Write
Program at www.tushar-mehta.com.
--
Earl Kiosterud

news:(E-Mail Removed)...