convert EPOCH date

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

      6th Jan 2006
I have a 2003 access table linked to a MySQL table with a date field using
the EPOCH format. I have access form to display that date, but I need to
display it in a more readable format. Does anyone know how to make this
conversion? I rarely use MS Access so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al Camp

      6th Jan 2006
Mike,
Did you try searching the Access newsgroups on Google groups. I found
this one from Marshall Barton from 2001... and others. Adjust the output
format to suit...

--
hth
Al Camp

>I have a 2003 access table linked to a MySQL table with a date field using
> the EPOCH format. I have access form to display that date, but I need to
> display it in a more readable format. Does anyone know how to make this
> conversion? I rarely use MS Access so any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

John Vinson

      6th Jan 2006
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:12:03 -0800, "Mike"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a 2003 access table linked to a MySQL table with a date field using
>the EPOCH format. I have access form to display that date, but I need to
>display it in a more readable format. Does anyone know how to make this
>conversion? I rarely use MS Access so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What's EPOCH format look like? Could you post an example, with enough
information to determine how to do the conversion?

John W. Vinson[MVP]

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

      6th Jan 2006
Thanks for the info. I ended up using:
=DateAdd("s",([timestamp]-21600),#1/1/1970#)

timestamp is the name of the timestamp field and -21600 compenstates for the
timezone. I should also note that this needs to be entered as the control
source.