Control user ability to open the backend database

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCAoRVNJKQ==?=

      24th Jun 2005
For the most part, I've got all my security set up the way I want it with my
test database. However, there is another thing I am trying to do that I
cannot seem to get. When I open my database, I have it set to pop up one of
the forms right away without even showing the database window. However, while
you still have Access open, you are able to open the same file, which will
then open the actual database window (the tables, forms, reports, etc.). It
doesn't matter which member it is.

I found a way to block them from doing this. I blocked those certain users
from being able to open the database. That, however, doesn't let them get
into it at all (which I figured would probably be the result). I want them to
be able to open all forms for which I've given them permission, to enter
information into the form (and therefore, into the table), and so on. I just
don't want them to be able to open the backend database. Any ideas on how
this can be accomplished?

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy

=?Utf-8?B?S2xhdHV1?=

      24th Jun 2005
If your users are not that knowledgable about Access, a quick and dirty way
is to put an autoexec macro in the backend database that executes docmd.quit.
As soon as the open the database, it will immediately close. Just don't
tell them about holding the shift key down to get into it.