contacts, current view, catagories, won't sort by catagory

Roger

      4th Jul 2009

I made differnt sorts in contacts>current view>catagories but when I wanted
to go back to the original catagories sort, I got an error message "You
cannot sort by this field". Why not, it's the catagory view?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      4th Jul 2009
Categories are not sortable because you can have multiple categories per
item but can only sort by one. Use group By category instead.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I made differnt sorts in contacts>current view>catagories but when I
> wanted
> to go back to the original catagories sort, I got an error message "You
> cannot sort by this field". Why not, it's the catagory view?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      4th Jul 2009
It has been ever thus. Category sort is meaningless and impossible since any
contact may be listed
under multiple categories. Accordingly, you can group by category and sort
within a category, but you cannot sort by category.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]