constant system freeze ups

=?Utf-8?B?dGFyemFuXzQ=?=

      4th Apr 2006
Am having constant stystem freeze ups, has gotten worse over time. have to
press reset button to reboot each time.
So far I have - ran registry mechanic and repaired all errors
- ran spybot and adaware and removed all threats
- ran norton antivirus and found no problems
- ran checkdisk and fixed a few problems
- got fed up did full format, re-installed xp and
intalled all updates
- sysytem freezes persisted still so i repeated all of
the above

Problem still remains, any idea's? I'm going nuts here!!
--
tarzan

Ted Zieglar

      4th Apr 2006
Ask yourself: What could I be doing wrong?

--
Ted Zieglar
"How do I set a laser printer to stun?"

"tarzan_4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Am having constant stystem freeze ups, has gotten worse over time. have to
> press reset button to reboot each time.
> So far I have - ran registry mechanic and repaired all errors
> - ran spybot and adaware and removed all threats
> - ran norton antivirus and found no problems
> - ran checkdisk and fixed a few problems
> - got fed up did full format, re-installed xp and
> intalled all updates
> - sysytem freezes persisted still so i repeated all of
> the above
>
> Problem still remains, any idea's? I'm going nuts here!!
> --
> tarzan

Steven Litvintchouk

      4th Apr 2006

tarzan_4 wrote:
> Am having constant stystem freeze ups, has gotten worse over time. have to
> press reset button to reboot each time.
> So far I have - ran registry mechanic and repaired all errors
> - ran spybot and adaware and removed all threats
> - ran norton antivirus and found no problems
> - ran checkdisk and fixed a few problems
> - got fed up did full format, re-installed xp and
> intalled all updates
> - sysytem freezes persisted still so i repeated all of
> the above
>
> Problem still remains, any idea's? I'm going nuts here!!

If you completely reinstalled Windows XP with its original drivers and
original apps only, and yet you're still getting freeze ups, it may be
time to start suspecting a hardware problem. Here's a checklist of
things to try:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5494

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk