Configure smtp server in IIS7 on VISTA

Lavanya

      5th Aug 2010
Hi..
Iam trying to send email from my application using System.Net.Mail
class. When i try to send email. Iam getting the below error.

"Failure sending mail"

I am using Windows Vista Enterprise Edition, IIS 7 and Microsoft
Visual studio 2008 Professional Edition , VB.NET.

Is there a way to configure SMTP server in IIS 7.

Please let me know

Onur Güzel

      7th Aug 2010
On Aug 5, 10:41 pm, Lavanya <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi..
> Iam trying to send email from my application using System.Net.Mail
> class. When i try to send email. Iam getting the below error.
>
> "Failure sending mail"
>
> I am using Windows Vista Enterprise Edition, IIS 7 and Microsoft
> Visual studio 2008 Professional Edition , VB.NET.
>
> Is there a way to configure SMTP server in IIS 7.
>
> Please let me know

Useful hits returned by Google:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772058(WS.10).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753146(WS.10).aspx