How to configure the Outlook 2007 to sync Pocket Phone

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpIE5oYW4=?=

      23rd Jun 2006
I completely setup Windows Vista 5384, and then connect my HP iPaq 6365, the
screen of Windows Mobile Device Center appear and inform connected already.
But my Pocket only sync with Mobile Favorites, Files and Notes. The Contact,
Calendar and Email didn't sync, because I haven't setup Microsoft Office yet.
There are informations of Outlook has not been configured.
Then, I install Microsoft Office, restart my laptop, and go to Windows
Mobile Device Center to Chang Content Settings for sync the Pocket.
Unfortunately, the Contact, Calendar and Email also inform Outlook has not
been configured!!! And I could not to sync them with my Pocket.
Pls help me!!!
Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....vista.general

Colin Barnhorst

      23rd Jun 2006
The web-based newsreader you are using has a bug. It gives an error message
but posts your message anyway. Why don't you try the Vista Mail newsreader
instead. The Vista groups are already set up. All you need to do is
subscribe to the ones you like.

"Chi Nhan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I completely setup Windows Vista 5384, and then connect my HP iPaq 6365,
>the
> screen of Windows Mobile Device Center appear and inform connected
> already.
> But my Pocket only sync with Mobile Favorites, Files and Notes. The
> Contact,
> Calendar and Email didn't sync, because I haven't setup Microsoft Office
> yet.
> There are informations of Outlook has not been configured.
> Then, I install Microsoft Office, restart my laptop, and go to Windows
> Mobile Device Center to Chang Content Settings for sync the Pocket.
> Unfortunately, the Contact, Calendar and Email also inform Outlook has not
> been configured!!! And I could not to sync them with my Pocket.
> Pls help me!!!
> Thanks!
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....vista.general

Angel Massa

      23rd Jun 2006
I have exatly the same problem. Searching on the Internet I've found many
other people with the same problem too. I've not found a solutions yet. May
be a bug and I hope it gets fixed soon as I want to try my PocketPC with
Vista.

Regards,
Angel.

>I completely setup Windows Vista 5384, and then connect my HP iPaq 6365,
>the
> screen of Windows Mobile Device Center appear and inform connected
> already.
> But my Pocket only sync with Mobile Favorites, Files and Notes. The
> Contact,
> Calendar and Email didn't sync, because I haven't setup Microsoft Office
> yet.
> There are informations of Outlook has not been configured.
> Then, I install Microsoft Office, restart my laptop, and go to Windows
> Mobile Device Center to Chang Content Settings for sync the Pocket.
> Unfortunately, the Contact, Calendar and Email also inform Outlook has not
> been configured!!! And I could not to sync them with my Pocket.
> Pls help me!!!
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9tYWdvai5zdmFnZWxq?=

      5th Jul 2007
Hi!

Had the same problem. Vista Ultimate HP 6915 WM5, Installed WMDC, it allowed
me to sync same as you, no contacts, cal nor tasks. I think that the reason
was that I didn't set up Outlook before I installed WMDC, because when I
setup Outlook 2007 and turned it off, REMOVED the partership and put it back
up, it gave me the check boxes, and it syncronized itself as it should. VIOLA

=?Utf-8?B?cDM1Nw==?=

      16th Oct 2007
It appears this is the solution. If you create a partnership prior to
setting up outlook, then the choices of mail, notes, calendar, etc. will be
greyed out and it will say "outlook has not been set up" or something to that
affect. Using an HTC Tilt and Windows Vista Ultimate, all I did to get it to
work was delete the partnership in the sync center, quit all programs and
then make sure outlook is configured and then recreate the partnership.
Boom... Works.

Have a nice day.

"domagoj.svagelj" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Had the same problem. Vista Ultimate HP 6915 WM5, Installed WMDC, it allowed
> me to sync same as you, no contacts, cal nor tasks. I think that the reason
> was that I didn't set up Outlook before I installed WMDC, because when I
> setup Outlook 2007 and turned it off, REMOVED the partership and put it back
> up, it gave me the check boxes, and it syncronized itself as it should. VIOLA

=?Utf-8?B?R0JE?=

      7th Nov 2007
I have an HTC Tytn and just did a clean install of Vista Home Premium
followed by Office 2003. I imported all the data from my old hard drive into
Outlook 2003, an want to sync the calendar, contacts, and tasks.

When I set up a new sync, the sync center recognizes my HTC as two devices
(WM and storage card), by all it lets you do is set up the sync for media
files - no option to sync the Outlook data. How do I get the choices to
appear?

Thanks,
Gil