Configure Mac to Print to an Print Device on Windows 2000 using appletalk

Marcelo

      3rd Dec 2003
I'm having trouble seeing my printer on the appletalk
network with my Macs. I'm have appletalk installed and
running but no luck. I have it set up and shared but
nothing comes up... anyhelp will rock..

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

      4th Dec 2003
This requires Print services for Macintosh which is available on Server not
Pro. If you have Server Add/remove Programs / Windows Components / Other
Network File and Print Services.

--
Alan Morris
Microsoft Printing Team

"Marcelo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c48601c3b9d1$f1579c60$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having trouble seeing my printer on the appletalk
> network with my Macs. I'm have appletalk installed and
> running but no luck. I have it set up and shared but
> nothing comes up... anyhelp will rock..

      4th Dec 2003
So why is apple talk a componenet if you can't use it.
*shrugs* That is why Apple talk is there isn't it? Is
there a work around with out having to purchase 2000
Server. I bought it thinking it was going to work as NT
does..

[ln];kbhowto

confers no rights.

>"Marcelo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c48601c3b9d1$f1579c60$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm having trouble seeing my printer on the appletalk
>> network with my Macs. I'm have appletalk installed and
>> running but no luck. I have it set up and shared but
>> nothing comes up... anyhelp will rock..

>.

Tony Edgecombe

      4th Dec 2003
If your running TCP/IP on the macs then I think you can use lpr to print,
you just need to install "Print Services for UNIX" which comes with 2000
standard.

--
Tony Edgecombe
www.frogmorecs.com/ng

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c3901c3ba84$9ce7eb40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So why is apple talk a componenet if you can't use it.
> *shrugs* That is why Apple talk is there isn't it? Is
> there a work around with out having to purchase 2000
> Server. I bought it thinking it was going to work as NT
> does..

      4th Dec 2003
It works with OS X but not with OS 9. 2/3 of the computers
are running OS 9 and 1 machine of course OS X. Thanks for
the idea anyway. IS there any other possiblities? Thanks
in advance.

and