conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0IE1heHdlbGw=?=

      30th Nov 2005
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting
feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that
row is non-blank (or blank)?
Thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?c2ViYXN0aWVubQ==?=

      30th Nov 2005
Hi,

Say the row is row 2 and the cell to be checked for blank is C2
- Select the entire row
- menu Format > COnditional FOrmat. the dialog pops-up.
- choose "Formula Is" in the first drop down, then enter the formula:
=($C2="")
- click the Format button to select a format when the cell is blank
- ok

--
Regards,
Sébastien

"Nat Maxwell" wrote:

> Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting
> feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that
> row is non-blank (or blank)?
> Thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0IE1heHdlbGw=?=

      30th Nov 2005
Thank you Sebastien!
And how do you denote a NON-BLANK cell inside a formula?
(I guess the way to tell a formula to look for a BLANK cell is "", right?)
Thank you so much!

"sebastienm" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Say the row is row 2 and the cell to be checked for blank is C2
> - Select the entire row
> - menu Format > COnditional FOrmat. the dialog pops-up.
> - choose "Formula Is" in the first drop down, then enter the formula:
> =($C2="")
> - click the Format button to select a format when the cell is blank
> - ok
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sébastien
> <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>
>

> "Nat Maxwell" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting
> > feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that
> > row is non-blank (or blank)?
> > Thank you!

Bob Phillips

      1st Dec 2005
=$C2<>""

or

=NOT(ISBLANK($C2))

--

HTH

RP

"Nat Maxwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you Sebastien!
> And how do you denote a NON-BLANK cell inside a formula?
> (I guess the way to tell a formula to look for a BLANK cell is "", right?)
> Thank you so much!
>
> "sebastienm" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Say the row is row 2 and the cell to be checked for blank is C2
> > - Select the entire row
> > - menu Format > COnditional FOrmat. the dialog pops-up.
> > - choose "Formula Is" in the first drop down, then enter the formula:
> > =($C2="")
> > - click the Format button to select a format when the cell is blank
> > - ok
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Sébastien
> > <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>
> >

> > "Nat Maxwell" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional

Formatting
> > > feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in

that
> > > row is non-blank (or blank)?
> > > Thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?c2ViYXN0aWVubQ==?=