Computer Keeps Restarting When Shutting Down

Melissa

      2nd Jul 2003
Does anyone know why my computer keeps restarting when I
shut down?

hutch

      2nd Jul 2003

you might 'deselect - automatic restart' if on
go start/right click - my computer/properties/
go advanced - tab/
go startup and recovery - section/settings/
go system failure - section/
deselect - automatically restart/if already on/
go ok/
go apply/
and take it fr there

hth God Bless hutch

Ramesh

      2nd Jul 2003
If the unit restarts while issuing the shutdown command, here:

If the unit powers ON after being shutdown/powered off , then it is a WakeON
lan or Pwer management events in BIOS. disable that.

_______________________________________
Ramesh Srinivasan
eMail: (E-Mail Removed)
Aim: SRamesh2k
INDIA

"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05ed01c3405f$a3a53590$(E-Mail Removed)...
Does anyone know why my computer keeps restarting when I
shut down?

McBlazer

      3rd Jul 2003
I had the same trouble when I first put together my PC
and got it up and running about two months ago. I had to
change the Bios setting in Power Management by disabling
Power on with PM event. Took me a while to figure that
one out... like about a week... LOL looking back!!!!

LAN", normally in
>Power Options.
>Disable it.
>
>Otherwise:
>http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
>
>--
>Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...g/newsgroups/s

etup.asp
>Please respond to newsgroup only for everyone's benefit.
>

>"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:05ed01c3405f$a3a53590$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone know why my computer keeps restarting when

>> shut down?

>.

New Member

      30th Aug 2010
I had the same problem and I fixed it. Read here the article that helped me.

New Member

      21st Jan 2011
Hi, thanks for the hint (uncheck the Automatically Restart option). My laptop did not restarting itself after shutdown, but.....I have new problems now.

When I shutdown

1. It goes "Save Setting", and then just goes blank black screen. There's no error message, just blank black screen. So, I had to press the power button to completely shuts down.

2. Then I try to turn it on again coz I want to try the Restart operation. Once it's turned on, it won't restart, instead it goes to the same blank black screen .

Have any clue? I'm using Windows XP SP3. Thanks a million..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch