computer beeps - nothing else

cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net

      23rd Sep 2004
I recently purchased a "All in Wonder" video card for my
computer. I started to install the card when I remembered
that I had to uninstall the drivers for the old card
before I could go any farther. So, I removed the new card
and placed the original video card back into its slot.
Connected all the cables, etc. turned it on and the
computer screen remained black, the computer made a series
of beeps (6) (2) (1) and nothing happened. I never turned
on the computer with the new card in its slot, it was
installed and then removed without having ever been turned
on. So I know that the problem is not with the video
card. Any help would be appreciated.

      23rd Sep 2004
Make sure you didn't accidently loosen a memory strip.
That beeping is a typical result of unseated or bad
memory.

      23rd Sep 2004
Does your documentation that came with your computer have
information on what these beebs mean ?

      23rd Sep 2004
Four beeps means it is related to the video card.

Michael

      24th Sep 2004
You mean the computer does not POST?
Try this link for beep codes: http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/
Make sure you don't have a stuck KB key either
If it's not AGP video card, change the slot or install both cards and see
where you get video.
Michael