Comparison Query

Brian via AccessMonster.com

      11th Apr 2005
I'm trying to create a query that will compare data from two tables. The
two tables should be the same, so I want the query to return the data that
doesn't match up. I tried doing a query to show values that don't equal,
but it returns too much data. Please help.

Jeff Boyce

      11th Apr 2005
Brian

"Too much" as in too many rows (more than you expected), or "too much" as in
too many fields?

Jeff Boyce
<Access MVP>

"Brian via AccessMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to create a query that will compare data from two tables. The
> two tables should be the same, so I want the query to return the data that
> doesn't match up. I tried doing a query to show values that don't equal,
> but it returns too much data. Please help.

Brian via AccessMonster.com

      11th Apr 2005
It returns all the values, even values that have matches. So too many rows.

Jeff Boyce

      11th Apr 2005
If you post the SQL statement of your query, perhaps 'group readers can spot
the problem.

Jeff Boyce
<Access MVP>

"Brian via AccessMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It returns all the values, even values that have matches. So too many
> rows.

Brian via AccessMonster.com

      12th Apr 2005
SELECT DISTINCTROW [CK # Table 2].Amount
FROM [CK # Table 1], [CK # Table 2]
WHERE ((([CK # Table 1]![Amount])<>[CK # Table 2]![Amount]));

Jeff Boyce

      12th Apr 2005
Brian

How are the two tables related? I didn't see a "JOIN" clause...