Comment Lines in MS Access SQL

Don_G

      17th Aug 2007
I am writing SQL statements in MS Access 2000. I would like to "comment
out" a statement.

/* sql stmt */ does not work.

Preceeding the line with -- (two dashes) does not work either. How can I
"comment out" an SQL statement?

(If you prefer to reply to my e-mail remove NOSPAM from the return address.)

=?Utf-8?B?bXNjZXJ0aWZpZWQ=?=

      17th Aug 2007
You can't. Neither can you highlight the part you want to execute.
Save the SQL in a text file with comments if you need to.

-Dorian

"Don_G" wrote:

> I am writing SQL statements in MS Access 2000. I would like to "comment
> out" a statement.
>
> /* sql stmt */ does not work.
>
> Preceeding the line with -- (two dashes) does not work either. How can I
> "comment out" an SQL statement?
>
> (If you prefer to reply to my e-mail remove NOSPAM from the return address.)

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==?=

      17th Aug 2007
Oh wouldn't that be nice! I do it all the time with Oracle.

I believe that there was a discussion about it around a year ago. There were
some convoluted ways of doing it, but none were easy or practical. So in a
nutshell, not in Access.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Don_G" wrote:

> I am writing SQL statements in MS Access 2000. I would like to "comment
> out" a statement.
>
> /* sql stmt */ does not work.
>
> Preceeding the line with -- (two dashes) does not work either. How can I
> "comment out" an SQL statement?
>
> (If you prefer to reply to my e-mail remove NOSPAM from the return address.)

Jamie Collins

      20th Aug 2007
On 17 Aug, 15:04, "Don_G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am writing SQL statements in MS Access 2000. I would like to "comment
> out" a statement.
>
> /* sql stmt */ does not work.
>
> Preceeding the line with -- (two dashes) does not work either. How can I
> "comment out" an SQL statement?
>
> (If you prefer to reply to my e-mail remove NOSPAM from the return address.)

Access/Jet SQL has no syntax for comments

Jamie.