Command Button Excel 2007

dhstein

      14th Feb 2009
I have a "regular" command button which was originally created in Excel 2000.
I can copy this button to a new Excel 2007 document. When I do that, I can
right click on the button and I get the option to "Assign Macro". This works
very well. In Excel 2007, it seems that the only command button I can add is
an Active X control and this does not give me the right click behavior that I
have with the other button. Is there a way in 2007 to add a command button
which gives me the right click "Assign Macro" option? Thanks for any help on
this.

Gord Dibben

      14th Feb 2009
Developer>Insert.............you get two options.

Forms Controls or Activex Controls.

Add a button from the Forms controls, not the Activex controls.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:13:02 -0800, dhstein
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a "regular" command button which was originally created in Excel 2000.
> I can copy this button to a new Excel 2007 document. When I do that, I can
>right click on the button and I get the option to "Assign Macro". This works
>very well. In Excel 2007, it seems that the only command button I can add is
>an Active X control and this does not give me the right click behavior that I
>have with the other button. Is there a way in 2007 to add a command button
>which gives me the right click "Assign Macro" option? Thanks for any help on
>this.

Ron de Bruin

      14th Feb 2009
I want to add this to Gord's reply

If you not see the Developer tab (not on by default) do this
To display the Developer tab go to Office Button >Excel Options...Popular
and check "show developer tab............................"

Gord : Do you like 2007 ????? after using it for a few weeks now

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Developer>Insert.............you get two options.
>
> Forms Controls or Activex Controls.
>
> Add a button from the Forms controls, not the Activex controls.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:13:02 -0800, dhstein
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have a "regular" command button which was originally created in Excel 2000.
>> I can copy this button to a new Excel 2007 document. When I do that, I can
>>right click on the button and I get the option to "Assign Macro". This works
>>very well. In Excel 2007, it seems that the only command button I can add is
>>an Active X control and this does not give me the right click behavior that I
>>have with the other button. Is there a way in 2007 to add a command button
>>which gives me the right click "Assign Macro" option? Thanks for any help on
>>this.

dhstein

      14th Feb 2009
Gord, Ron,

Thanks for your help.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> I want to add this to Gord's reply
>
> If you not see the Developer tab (not on by default) do this
> To display the Developer tab go to Office Button >Excel Options...Popular
> and check "show developer tab............................"
>
> Gord : Do you like 2007 ????? after using it for a few weeks now
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Developer>Insert.............you get two options.
> >
> > Forms Controls or Activex Controls.
> >
> > Add a button from the Forms controls, not the Activex controls.
> >

> > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
> >

> > On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:13:02 -0800, dhstein
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>I have a "regular" command button which was originally created in Excel 2000.
> >> I can copy this button to a new Excel 2007 document. When I do that, I can
> >>right click on the button and I get the option to "Assign Macro". This works
> >>very well. In Excel 2007, it seems that the only command button I can add is
> >>an Active X control and this does not give me the right click behavior that I
> >>have with the other button. Is there a way in 2007 to add a command button
> >>which gives me the right click "Assign Macro" option? Thanks for any help on
> >>this.

Gord Dibben

      15th Feb 2009
Not working with it much yet but don't mind the Ribbon and other new
features that many find difficult or downright repugnant.

Not nearly as bad as I thought, considering the amount of negative input I
have seen since it was introduced.

But note the "not working with it much yet"<g>

Gord