combox boxes

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

      16th Mar 2006
i need to be able to link a combo box but at the same time make mulitple
entries to multiple boxes based on the information contained in the linked
boxes...help!!!
--
Anthony

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

      16th Mar 2006
I work for an oil and gas company and we track all owners by name and
numbers...on each form i have a combo box for each with the owner box
automatically populating the owner name box...however at any given time an
analyst may need to select or include more than one owner...so i was
wondering is there a way to have access populate, say text boxes based on the
selection made within the combo boxes for owner number and name...
Thanks...
--
Anthony

"xRoachx" wrote:

> Anthony--Please provide more specific information as to exactly what you are
> trying to accomplish. Right now, I'm not sure exactly what you need.
>
> "Anthony" wrote:
>
> > i need to be able to link a combo box but at the same time make mulitple
> > entries to multiple boxes based on the information contained in the linked
> > boxes...help!!!
> > --
> > Anthony

=?Utf-8?B?eFJvYWNoeA==?=

      16th Mar 2006
Crap--I wrote this long answer out and it didn't post so I'm posting the
shorter version..forgive my laziness. :-)

It sounds as if you have some design issues so if like help with that, post
back.

A combo box cannot be used to select multiple items, but a list box can.
However you'll need to use VBA to populate the text boxes but this will cause
you problems because how you handle 1 owner verus 5 owners will be difficult
to populate in a table.

"Anthony" wrote:

> I work for an oil and gas company and we track all owners by name and
> numbers...on each form i have a combo box for each with the owner box
> automatically populating the owner name box...however at any given time an
> analyst may need to select or include more than one owner...so i was
> wondering is there a way to have access populate, say text boxes based on the
> selection made within the combo boxes for owner number and name...
> Thanks...
> --
> Anthony
>

> "xRoachx" wrote:
>
> > Anthony--Please provide more specific information as to exactly what you are
> > trying to accomplish. Right now, I'm not sure exactly what you need.
> >
> > "Anthony" wrote:
> >
> > > i need to be able to link a combo box but at the same time make mulitple
> > > entries to multiple boxes based on the information contained in the linked
> > > boxes...help!!!
> > > --
> > > Anthony

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

      17th Mar 2006
I kind of figured with thousands of owners, either it couldn't be done or it
would be highly complex, for me at least.

As for the design, i simply created a form and tied each related object. But
now as we get ready to roll out these automated forms people are saying, "do
this or do that," and i am not an access expert by no means. when it gets
pass db design, table design and simple queries, I'm lost in the woods...

Listen i thank for your time and access wisdom...

Have a awesome weekend...
--
Anthony

"xRoachx" wrote:

> Crap--I wrote this long answer out and it didn't post so I'm posting the
> shorter version..forgive my laziness. :-)
>
> It sounds as if you have some design issues so if like help with that, post
> back.
>
> A combo box cannot be used to select multiple items, but a list box can.
> However you'll need to use VBA to populate the text boxes but this will cause
> you problems because how you handle 1 owner verus 5 owners will be difficult
> to populate in a table.
>
> "Anthony" wrote:
>
> > I work for an oil and gas company and we track all owners by name and
> > numbers...on each form i have a combo box for each with the owner box
> > automatically populating the owner name box...however at any given time an
> > analyst may need to select or include more than one owner...so i was
> > wondering is there a way to have access populate, say text boxes based on the
> > selection made within the combo boxes for owner number and name...
> > Thanks...
> > --
> > Anthony
> >

> > "xRoachx" wrote:
> >
> > > Anthony--Please provide more specific information as to exactly what you are
> > > trying to accomplish. Right now, I'm not sure exactly what you need.

=?Utf-8?B?eFJvYWNoeA==?=

      17th Mar 2006
Ah, scope creep is always a daunting task to deal with...

If you need anymore help, simple post again. Have a great weekend.

"Anthony" wrote:

> I kind of figured with thousands of owners, either it couldn't be done or it
> would be highly complex, for me at least.
>
> As for the design, i simply created a form and tied each related object. But
> now as we get ready to roll out these automated forms people are saying, "do
> this or do that," and i am not an access expert by no means. when it gets
> pass db design, table design and simple queries, I'm lost in the woods...
>
> Listen i thank for your time and access wisdom...
>
> Have a awesome weekend...
> --
> Anthony
>

> "xRoachx" wrote:
>
> > Crap--I wrote this long answer out and it didn't post so I'm posting the
> > shorter version..forgive my laziness. :-)
> >
> > It sounds as if you have some design issues so if like help with that, post
> > back.
> >
> > A combo box cannot be used to select multiple items, but a list box can.
> > However you'll need to use VBA to populate the text boxes but this will cause
> > you problems because how you handle 1 owner verus 5 owners will be difficult
> > to populate in a table.
> >
> > "Anthony" wrote:
> >
> > > I work for an oil and gas company and we track all owners by name and
> > > numbers...on each form i have a combo box for each with the owner box
> > > automatically populating the owner name box...however at any given time an
> > > analyst may need to select or include more than one owner...so i was
> > > wondering is there a way to have access populate, say text boxes based on the
> > > selection made within the combo boxes for owner number and name...
> > > Thanks...
> > > --
> > > Anthony

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

      22nd Mar 2006
Hello, hope your weekend was awesome...

according to your experience with rolling out or sharing an access database,
what would be the best way to give access to about 90 people in the same
department and having access to the same network drive and folders???

Thanks
--
Anthony