PC Review

Combo box values and continuous forms

6th Jul 2011
Hello, I am rather new to Access programming, and have a problem that I haven't been able to solve despite hours of looking on-line.

My basic problem is that I have a continuous form with one text box adjacent to one combo box. The text box values come from one table, the combo box values from a related table. On the form the combo boxes allow the user to rate what is in the text box (rating of 1-5). After these 20 items have been rated, I want to submit those values (both the text box and combo box) as unique records in a third table, whose fields are related to the original two tables. I can't seem to find a way for Access to treat each combo box value on the form as a unique value. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Banned

21st Jul 2011
Create a new field on the same table from where the textbox value is taken; for recording the rating value selected from the combobox control,

Set the Control Source property of the Combo Box to the new field to record the combobox selection.

When the user selects the rating number it will be recorded on the same table of the Textbox.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: