PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Combining address books

 
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Dec 2005
Hi,

We have four people with Outlook (three have 2000, one has 2003) on
their PCs, and all have different address books that they have each
compiled separately.

I'm looking into combining the address books, and deleting duplicate
contacts after doing so. Is there an easy way to do this?

All PCs are networked and we have a server PC, but we do not have an
Exchange server.

Also, how should we use the address book so that we all have access to
it and can update it?

Thanks...



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Dec 2005
Outlook does not use address books. Clarify your post. What are you trying
to combine? Various Contact Folders in different PST files?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We have four people with Outlook (three have 2000, one has 2003) on
> their PCs, and all have different address books that they have each
> compiled separately.
>
> I'm looking into combining the address books, and deleting duplicate
> contacts after doing so. Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> All PCs are networked and we have a server PC, but we do not have an
> Exchange server.
>
> Also, how should we use the address book so that we all have access to
> it and can update it?
>
> Thanks...
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2005
Sorry for the confusion - Yes, I'm trying to combine various contact
folders in different PST files.

Jay.


"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook does not use address books. Clarify your post. What are you

trying
> to combine? Various Contact Folders in different PST files?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]


> "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have four people with Outlook (three have 2000, one has 2003)

on
> > their PCs, and all have different address books that they have

each
> > compiled separately.
> >
> > I'm looking into combining the address books, and deleting

duplicate
> > contacts after doing so. Is there an easy way to do this?
> >
> > All PCs are networked and we have a server PC, but we do not have

an
> > Exchange server.
> >
> > Also, how should we use the address book so that we all have

access to
> > it and can update it?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2005
Then open the PST files in the same profile and copy the contest of the
Contacts Folders into a single PST file. You can run a duplicate checker
after you do.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry for the confusion - Yes, I'm trying to combine various contact
> folders in different PST files.
>
> Jay.
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Outlook does not use address books. Clarify your post. What are you

> trying
>> to combine? Various Contact Folders in different PST files?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]

>
>> "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We have four people with Outlook (three have 2000, one has 2003)

> on
>> > their PCs, and all have different address books that they have

> each
>> > compiled separately.
>> >
>> > I'm looking into combining the address books, and deleting

> duplicate
>> > contacts after doing so. Is there an easy way to do this?
>> >
>> > All PCs are networked and we have a server PC, but we do not have

> an
>> > Exchange server.
>> >
>> > Also, how should we use the address book so that we all have

> access to
>> > it and can update it?
>> >
>> > Thanks...
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sharing Multiple Address Books/Combining Them Into One =?Utf-8?B?SWFu?= Microsoft Outlook Contacts 5 26th Jul 2006 03:41 PM
Any way to copy audio books ("books on tape") to CDs? MaryL Windows XP Customization 1 24th Apr 2004 04:45 PM
Combining Contacts and Address Books GSalisbury Microsoft Outlook Contacts 6 12th Feb 2004 02:32 PM
combining address books from multiple computers Sally Finney Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 19th Dec 2003 12:06 AM
combining address books rippy Microsoft Outlook Contacts 1 16th Oct 2003 10:47 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:50 AM.