How to colour highlight empty cell

Owen P

      16th Oct 2009
I have a worksheet with many cells that need to be address individually,
either numerically or otherwise. How do I conditionally highlight cells that
have not been addressed? A cell that contains the numeric value 0 (zero) has
been address, whereas an empty cell has not. It is a pain visually scanning.
It is also an option to highlight cells that have been address either
numerically (including 0) or otherwise.

Thanks Guys and Gals if you could help

Luke M

      16th Oct 2009
highlight all the cells that need to have info in them. Make note of which
cell is active (for example, I'll use A2).

Format - Conditional Format, formula is:
=ISBLANK(A2)
Set desired formatting.
Ok out.

Similarly, you could use the following two conditions:
=ISNUMBER(A2)

=ISTEXT(A2)

To check whether the cell contains a number or just regular text.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Owen P" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with many cells that need to be address individually,
> either numerically or otherwise. How do I conditionally highlight cells that
> have not been addressed? A cell that contains the numeric value 0 (zero) has
> been address, whereas an empty cell has not. It is a pain visually scanning.
> It is also an option to highlight cells that have been address either
> numerically (including 0) or otherwise.
>
> Thanks Guys and Gals if you could help

David Biddulph

      16th Oct 2009
You have a choice of two CF conditions:
=ISBLANK(A1) if you want to exclude cells with the empty string ""
=A1="" will highlight both totally empty cells and those with the empty
string ""
--
David Biddulph

news:(E-Mail Removed)...