Color Text in Charts

Eric K

      14th Jan 2010
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price
data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green),
sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the
worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It
sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and
do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color
follow through the chart creation process?
--
Eric K

trip_to_tokyo

      14th Jan 2010
In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

1. Click on your Sales Won columns (for example) in your chart.

This will highlight all of those items.

2. Right hand click and select Format Data Series (a pop up window of the
same name should launch).

3. ChartTools / Format / Shape Styles group / select the drop down arrow in
Shape Fill / select Olive Green, Accent 3.

Repeat the above for Sales Lost and Sales Still active (changing the colours
of course).

Your chart should now be formatted as you wish.

If you want my Workbook of the above please email me and I will put it up
on my website.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.