Codecs installed on PC

PSRumbagh

      26th Jun 2009

How do I find out which Codecs are installed on my Laptop? Which ones can /
will be used by WMP V10 under WinXP Home SP3? Does WM Codecs 9 contain a full
set of codecs and are they suitable for WMP V10?

Singapore Computer Service

      26th Jun 2009

Hello,

Try this to view installed codecs
Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Hardware > (select video
codecs) > properties > properties

___
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"PSRumbagh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I find out which Codecs are installed on my Laptop? Which ones can
> /
> will be used by WMP V10 under WinXP Home SP3? Does WM Codecs 9 contain a
> full
> set of codecs and are they suitable for WMP V10?

Andrew E.

      27th Jun 2009

Go to microsoft downloads,locate or type windows media,by date,you'll
find the latest xp codec installation...Or,open WMP,tools,options,locate the
box & check it to allow WMP to update codecs automatically..

"PSRumbagh" wrote:

> How do I find out which Codecs are installed on my Laptop? Which ones can /
> will be used by WMP V10 under WinXP Home SP3? Does WM Codecs 9 contain a full
> set of codecs and are they suitable for WMP V10?

Jean Rosenfeld

      28th Jun 2009

Use Gspot to find all the codecs on your system (much more comprehensive
than control panel/sounds and audio devices).
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Use Microsoft Video decoder checkup utility to check which MPEG2 codecs are
compatible with WMP: