CMD.exe stopped working. Please help

Trent

      27th Sep 2004
Hello, everyone.

For some unknown reason, the cmd.exe on my Windows 2000 server stopped
working.

I tried to execute it from the Run box, Accessories | command prompt
shortcut.
None of those brought up the usual Windows command prompt.
When I checked the Task Manager, I saw it running there. I killed it
and ran the cmd again. Same thing happened.
In short, the cmd did execute the cmd.exe. It ran in the task manager
but the cmd.exe does not bring up the command window.
Has anyone seen this problem before?
Rebooted the server already.....

Please advise.

Thanks.

TJ

Matthias Tacke

      27th Sep 2004
Trent wrote:
>Hello, everyone.
>
>For some unknown reason, the cmd.exe on my Windows 2000 server stopped
>working.
>
>I tried to execute it from the Run box, Accessories | command prompt
>shortcut.
>None of those brought up the usual Windows command prompt.
>When I checked the Task Manager, I saw it running there. I killed it
>and ran the cmd again. Same thing happened.
>In short, the cmd did execute the cmd.exe. It ran in the task manager
>but the cmd.exe does not bring up the command window.
>Has anyone seen this problem before?
>Rebooted the server already.....
>
>Please advise.

I'd create a shortct to %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe on the dsktop
and tweak the position of the window in the properties.
It may simply be out of the screen after changing the resolution for
example.

--
Greetings