Clipboard - how many items can it store?

      25th Feb 2004
And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      25th Feb 2004
It depends on the version. Up through Word 97, the Clipboard held only one
item. Office 2000 introduced the Office Clipboard, which I believe stored 12
clips. The Office Clipboard in Office XP and 2003 holds 24 items. In order
to paste more than one item, you have to have the Clipboard displayed (it's
a toolbar sort of thing in Office 2000, I think, a task pane in Office
XP/2003). And it works only in Office, not in any other Windows app. For
more information, search Word's Help for "Clipboard."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OW8q5P1#(E-Mail Removed)...
> And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT

      25th Feb 2004
The Office Clipboard can hold 24 items. To see them, select Clipboard from
the Task Pane. To insert any of the items that appear in the Clipboard Task
Pane, click on the item.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OW8q5P1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

      25th Feb 2004
Isn't there any keyboard shortcuts available? Clicking a mouse is ponderously
slow. Usually I would rarely have to store more than 2 items.

> The Office Clipboard can hold 24 items. To see them, select Clipboard from
> the Task Pane. To insert any of the items that appear in the Clipboard Task
> Pane, click on the item.
>
> > And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      25th Feb 2004
If you're making selections from the document itself, you can make multiple
noncontiguous selections by pressing Ctrl. That would copy everything you
want in one operation (one Clipboard entry), which you can insert with
Ctrl+V.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
all may benefit.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvkPhg2#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Isn't there any keyboard shortcuts available? Clicking a mouse is

ponderously
> slow. Usually I would rarely have to store more than 2 items.
>
> > The Office Clipboard can hold 24 items. To see them, select Clipboard

from
> > the Task Pane. To insert any of the items that appear in the Clipboard

Task
> > Pane, click on the item.
> >
> > > And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

=?Utf-8?B?a2phbmllMDM=?=

      26th Feb 2004
I cannot even find my clipboard to cut and paste. What can I do?

KL

      26th Feb 2004
What version of office do you have? If XP, click
View|Task Pane, then click on the dropdown arrow of the
taskpane on the right, and select Clipboard.

Tonya Marshall

      26th Feb 2004
KL wrote:
> What version of office do you have? If XP, click
> View|Task Pane, then click on the dropdown arrow of the
> taskpane on the right, and select Clipboard.

You can also hold down the Ctrl key and press C twice: Ctrl + c, c

--
Tonya Marshall
tonz AT harborside DOT com

ms7212

      26th Feb 2004

The clipboard can hold up to 24 items at one time. As far as how to ge
them, it kind of depends on which version you have. 2002 and 2003 hav
the task pane. You can get to the task pane by view -> task pane.
Once the task pane is open there is a drop down box and you can choos
clipboard and see everything on it. I can't remember how it is in 200
and before, but there is some option, maybe under view -> clipboard o
something like that.
Hope that helps

~~ Message posted from http://www.WordForums.com/