client protection found, prevents install

Suckmyrockets

      29th Nov 2009
That's how it is supposed to work.

See:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-0dcedb9ab9fd

ken magee

      9th Dec 2009

--
golfer

"spikey" wrote:

> when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> product and rerun the setup."
> I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> dfender? thanks

dipanww

      4th Jan 2010

"spikey" wrote:

> when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> product and rerun the setup."
> I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> dfender? thanks

Chuckie55

      11th Feb 2010

"spikey" wrote:

> when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> product and rerun the setup."
> I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> dfender? thanks

Kirkies

      3rd Mar 2010
Microsoft security Essential should not be uninstall. Windows Defender is an
older platform of MSE. MSE does all what Windows Defender does and provide
anti virus protection as well. You can say MSE is Windows Defender (Reloaded)
or (Part II)

"Chuckie55" wrote:

> "spikey" wrote:
>
> > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> > says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> > product and rerun the setup."
> > I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> > anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> > dfender? thanks

K.Lion

      9th Aug 2010
However, I was unable to install Security Essentials because of an error I
couldn't find a solution to. Supposedly Security Essentials was not
installed, it certainly isn't in my Program Files; however, I still also
cannot install Windows Defender for the reason in this thread, and Microsoft
Client Protection was never installed on this machine. So, the problem isn't
so simple, and I am left with an unprotected machine...for now.

"barry" wrote:

> I found this problem as well
>

> I uninstalled spybot, malware and all my other protection tools and ran
> defender setup again - same error
>
> I then uninstalled microsoft security essentials, and defended installation
> ran perfectly.
>
> hope this helps
>

> --
> let the others rush
>

> "spikey" wrote:
>
> > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> > says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> > product and rerun the setup."
> > I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> > anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> > dfender? thanks

Dadi

      15th Aug 2010
yea berry is correct after uninstalling security essecentials it downloaded
correctly. THX BERRY

"barry" wrote:

> I found this problem as well
>

> I uninstalled spybot, malware and all my other protection tools and ran
> defender setup again - same error
>
> I then uninstalled microsoft security essentials, and defended installation
> ran perfectly.
>
> hope this helps
>

> --
> let the others rush
>

> "spikey" wrote:
>
> > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> > says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> > product and rerun the setup."
> > I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> > anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> > dfender? thanks

V.C.Srivastava

      29th Sep 2010

"spikey" wrote:

> when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
> says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
> product and rerun the setup."
> I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
> anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
> dfender? thanks

V.C.Srivastava

      29th Sep 2010