"Client Only" Rule

=?Utf-8?B?amVmZmM0NDQy?=

      20th Sep 2005
I created a rule in Outlook 2003. After i clicked finish, i got a message
stating it was a client only rule. What does that mean? Does it matter? If
it can or should be changed, how would i do that.

I'm running win xp pro sp2 with outlook2003.

thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      20th Sep 2005
it means it only runs when outlook is running, which is the only way rules
run unless you use an exchange server mailbox.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"jeffc4442" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I created a rule in Outlook 2003. After i clicked finish, i got a message
> stating it was a client only rule. What does that mean? Does it matter?
> If
> it can or should be changed, how would i do that.
>
> I'm running win xp pro sp2 with outlook2003.
>
> thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?amVmZmM0NDQy?=

      20th Sep 2005
Thanks, Diane. I do have an exchange mailbox on our local server. Would
that allow me to change it? Can it even be changed manually?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> it means it only runs when outlook is running, which is the only way rules
> run unless you use an exchange server mailbox.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "jeffc4442" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I created a rule in Outlook 2003. After i clicked finish, i got a message
> > stating it was a client only rule. What does that mean? Does it matter?
> > If
> > it can or should be changed, how would i do that.
> >
> > I'm running win xp pro sp2 with outlook2003.
> >
> > thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      20th Sep 2005
it's based on the conditions and actions of the rule.
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"jeffc4442" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, Diane. I do have an exchange mailbox on our local server. Would
> that allow me to change it? Can it even be changed manually?
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> it means it only runs when outlook is running, which is the only way
>> rules
>> run unless you use an exchange server mailbox.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "jeffc4442" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I created a rule in Outlook 2003. After i clicked finish, i got a
>> >message
>> > stating it was a client only rule. What does that mean? Does it
>> > matter?
>> > If
>> > it can or should be changed, how would i do that.
>> >
>> > I'm running win xp pro sp2 with outlook2003.
>> >
>> > thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?amVmZmM0NDQy?=

      20th Sep 2005
thank you very much, Diane!