Client can't see another client

John

      27th Apr 2007
Hi

sbs 2003 with ISA 2004. A client pc A has stopped being able to see shared
drive and printer from another pc B on the network. The rest of the pcs and
server can still see the shared drive and printers on pc B. At the same time
pc A can see shared drives/printers from the rest of the pcs and server.
This means problem is only between two client PCs. This makes it really
confusing. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

Newbie Coder

      27th Apr 2007
John,

What tests have you perfeormed to reach PC 2 from the server? Can you ping
it for example?

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)

> Hi
>
> sbs 2003 with ISA 2004. A client pc A has stopped being able to see shared
> drive and printer from another pc B on the network. The rest of the pcs

and
> server can still see the shared drive and printers on pc B. At the same

time
> pc A can see shared drives/printers from the rest of the pcs and server.
> This means problem is only between two client PCs. This makes it really
> confusing. What is the problem and how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

John

      27th Apr 2007
Well I can see the shared drives when browsing it from server in network
browser and can also share the printer on server except that I need to hard
type the pc name and printer name in printer set-up wizard as
\\pcname\printername. So it feels like PC B also is not 100% but it is just
a guess.

Can ping fien from server to pc B.

Thanks

Regards