Cleanup Debug Dump Files?

RickO'Shay

      14th Jan 2004
Hi to the group,
I have noticed when I run Disk Clean up that there is an option to delete
Debug Dump files and another option to delete Compress Old files. There is
a total of 696,042 kb to gained by doing this. Can anyone tell me if this
ok to proceed with and any consequences of doing so.

TIA,

RickO'Shay.

Wesley Vogel

      14th Jan 2004
Rick;
Debug Dump files are, in my opinion, worthless to the average user.
It is safe to delete the Debug Dump files.

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...n-us%3BQ315246

[Compress Old Files - Windows can compress files that you have not used
recently. Compressing files saves disk space, but you can still use the files.
No files are deleted. Because files are compressed at different rates, the
displayed amount of disk space that you will gain is approximate. An Options
button permits you to specify the number of days to wait before Disk Cleanup
compresses an unused file.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
RickO'Shay <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Hi to the group,
> I have noticed when I run Disk Clean up that there is an option to delete
> Debug Dump files and another option to delete Compress Old files. There is
> a total of 696,042 kb to gained by doing this. Can anyone tell me if this
> ok to proceed with and any consequences of doing so.
>

> TIA,
>
> RickO'Shay.

RickO'Shay

      16th Jan 2004
Thanks for the reply to my queries Wesley, I thought it would be ok to
remove the files in question, just wanted to be sure and thanks for the
link.

Regards,

Rick.
"Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Rick;
> Debug Dump files are, in my opinion, worthless to the average user.
> It is safe to delete the Debug Dump files.
>
> How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...n-us%3BQ315246
>
> [Compress Old Files - Windows can compress files that you have not used
> recently. Compressing files saves disk space, but you can still use the

files.
> No files are deleted. Because files are compressed at different rates, the
> displayed amount of disk space that you will gain is approximate. An

> button permits you to specify the number of days to wait before Disk

Cleanup
> compresses an unused file.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> RickO'Shay <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi to the group,
> > I have noticed when I run Disk Clean up that there is an option to

delete
> > Debug Dump files and another option to delete Compress Old files. There

is
> > a total of 696,042 kb to gained by doing this. Can anyone tell me if

this
> > ok to proceed with and any consequences of doing so.
> >

> > TIA,
> >
> > RickO'Shay.

Wesley Vogel

      16th Jan 2004