cleanmgr and defrag

Squibbly

      10th Apr 2006
i am trying to run a schedule task that when i am asleep, that would run a
scheduled task of defrag on drive D:\ and a scheduled task of disk clean up
on disk e:
i have tried the switch cleanmgr /setrun:11 all that seems to do is run
through the complete hard drives that i have on my computer and not
specifically drive e: can anyone help me please

--
Live long and prosper

Wesley Vogel

      11th Apr 2006
Try this command for Disk Cleanup...

cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11

Paste the following line into the Start | Run box and click OK...

cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11

to make sure that it works for you before trying to schedule it.

This assumes that you have already setup sagerun:11

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP

There are two defrag tools in XP.

dfrg.msc is the pretty one that opens from
Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.

defrag.exe is the command line tool that runs from the command prompt.

defrag.exe is the one that you can schedule.

Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP

How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP

How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP

You can also download defrag_all2.vbs.

defrag_all2.vbs - Defrag All Hard Drives - Can be run as a scheduled task
Does not create an error log
Doug Knox - rev 03/29/2002
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scri...defrag_all.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Squibbly <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> i am trying to run a schedule task that when i am asleep, that would run a
> scheduled task of defrag on drive D:\ and a scheduled task of disk clean
> up on disk e:
> i have tried the switch cleanmgr /setrun:11 all that seems to do is run
> through the complete hard drives that i have on my computer and not
> specifically drive e: can anyone help me please
>
> --
> Live long and prosper

Squibbly

      11th Apr 2006

"Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try this command for Disk Cleanup...
>
> cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11
>
> Paste the following line into the Start | Run box and click OK...
>
> cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11
>
> to make sure that it works for you before trying to schedule it.
>
> This assumes that you have already setup sagerun:11
>
> How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
>

> How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
>
> There are two defrag tools in XP.
>
> dfrg.msc is the pretty one that opens from
> Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.
>
> defrag.exe is the command line tool that runs from the command prompt.
>
> defrag.exe is the one that you can schedule.
>
> Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP
>
> How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
>
> How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
>
> You can also download defrag_all2.vbs.
>
> defrag_all2.vbs - Defrag All Hard Drives - Can be run as a scheduled task
> Does not create an error log
> Doug Knox - rev 03/29/2002
> http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scri...defrag_all.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Squibbly <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>> i am trying to run a schedule task that when i am asleep, that would run
>> scheduled task of defrag on drive D:\ and a scheduled task of disk clean
>> up on disk e:
>> i have tried the switch cleanmgr /setrun:11 all that seems to do is run
>> through the complete hard drives that i have on my computer and not
>> specifically drive e: can anyone help me please
>>
>> --
>> Live long and prosper

cheers

Wesley Vogel