checking for number

Servé La

      21st Jan 2005
Is there a standard method to test if a string has a double value in it
without using an exception?

The only method I find is using Double.Parse(str), but this throws an
exception which is essentially just another goto in your code preventing
structured programming

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

      21st Jan 2005
Hi,

Try Double.TryParse

Cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

news:41f10271$0$6213$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...