check temp environment variable

raydthepenguin

      22nd Jan 2010

I started Outlook this morning and a box came up saying ''could not create
work file'' check temp environment variable

Roady [MVP]

      22nd Jan 2010
Check the following key in the registry;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders\

Verify that these variables all point to paths that exist and especially the
Cache folder.
By default it should point to;
Windows XP;
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Windows Vista and Windows 7;
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

These paths can often be set incorrectly due to U3 and other jump-drive
software.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/