How to check if windows xp is activated

Turloch O'Tierney

      4th Dec 2003
I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...

Regards,
totierne

Chris Lanier

      4th Dec 2003
Hi, Goto Start>>Run>>Type "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A" If
activated it will tell you, if not you can activate from the dialog.

"Turloch O'Tierney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
> Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
>
> Regards,
> totierne

HillBillyBuddhist

      4th Dec 2003
"Turloch O'Tierney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
> Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
>
> Regards,
> totierne

Start> Run [type] msoobe /a <enter>

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details.

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Donald McDaniel

      4th Dec 2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
> Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
>
> Regards,
> totierne

Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows
If your computer is already activated, the wizard will let you know.
If it is not, the wizard will step you through the activation process
for you.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

Bruce Chambers

      4th Dec 2003
Greetings --

The OS will let you know, with frequent reminders, if you do need
to activate. To check for yourself, Start > All Programs >
Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows. Alternatively, Start >
Run > "C:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A." It will probably tell
you that WinXP has already been activated.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Turloch O'Tierney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to

activate.
> Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
>
> Regards,
> totierne

Turloch O'Tierney

      4th Dec 2003
Donald,

> Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows

The activate windows wizard is not there which suggests I am activated (?)

Turloch

Donald McDaniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> > I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
> > Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
> >
> > Regards,
> > totierne
> >

> Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows
> If your computer is already activated, the wizard will let you know.
> If it is not, the wizard will step you through the activation process
> for you.

Turloch O'Tierney

      4th Dec 2003
Bruce,

>msoobe /A

shows I am a little bit activated, like being a little bit pregnant.

Thanks &
Regards,
Turloch

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Greetings --
>
> The OS will let you know, with frequent reminders, if you do need
> to activate. To check for yourself, Start > All Programs >
> Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows. Alternatively, Start >
> Run > "C:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A." It will probably tell
> you that WinXP has already been activated.
>

> Bruce Chambers

Donald McDaniel

      5th Dec 2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Donald,
>
> > Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows

> The activate windows wizard is not there which suggests I am activated (?)
>
> Turloch
>
> Donald McDaniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
> > > I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
> > > Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > totierne
> > >

> > Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows
> > If your computer is already activated, the wizard will let you know.
> > If it is not, the wizard will step you through the activation process
> > for you.

Follow the directions of the ones in this thread who give you a
commandline-way to execute the activation wizard. The absence of the
Activation wizard choice in the All-Programs list is a bug of some sort.
My installation is activated, and I still have the choice in All-
Programs.