Chart data label position

Tanya

      6th Nov 2006
I have a 3D column chart that shows the value as a data label. The
labels are appearing in the center of each bar. On the Format Data
Labels dialog box, no matter what option I select for horizontal &
vertical text alignment, the labels aren't moving. I'm using Excel
2003. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks,

Jim Cone

      7th Nov 2006
I believe that dialog box refers to text alignment not label alignment.
You can select each label individually and move it...click twice with
a pause in-between each click to select a label.

Or you may want to try the free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels"
You can add linked text from worksheet cells to the labels and
position the labels where you want them. Download from ...
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Tanya" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message
I have a 3D column chart that shows the value as a data label. The
labels are appearing in the center of each bar. On the Format Data
Labels dialog box, no matter what option I select for horizontal &
vertical text alignment, the labels aren't moving. I'm using Excel
2003. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks,

Tanya

      7th Nov 2006
Jim,

thanks for your response. You're right the description does say
Text Alignment, but what text is it trying to align if not the data
labels? Since it's the Format Data Labels dialog box it seems to me
that the label text is what it should align. It also seems to me that
it would align the text with the data marker, but maybe I'm wrong about
that too. Help doesn't shed much light on this, nor does the MS
Knowledge Base.

Tanya