Changing shortcut icon on desktop

Lou Cherry

      13th Jan 2005
It seems I can no longer change the icon for a shortcut on my desktop except
for a folder shortcut. Any suggestions?
Lou Cherry

Road Runner

      13th Jan 2005
Hi ... Download "Tweak UI" from Microsoft website , It has a option to
repair icons , here the link for it and scroll down , view the right side of
the screen for Tweak UI

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

"Lou Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%DjFd.1252$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems I can no longer change the icon for a shortcut on my desktop
> except for a folder shortcut. Any suggestions?
> Lou Cherry

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      13th Jan 2005
Lou,

Are you referring to the "overlay" icon shown for shortcuts?

If not, what happens when you use the "Change Icon" function?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User