Changing Remote Website from one Hosting account to another

ArabianArtist

      23rd Apr 2010
OK
So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I
don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum

Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show
Frontgpage server extentions are installed.

Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different
passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.

The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and
when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error message
saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server ( they are )
That the server is temporarily out of service
Something about a proxy settings / server
An error may have occurred on the server

Any suggestions?

I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is
appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Tom Willett

      23rd Apr 2010
Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.

Use http://www.saharaarabians.com

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
[...]

Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.

I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in the
field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to NOT
bring up the other site?

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
>
> Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
>

> --
> Tom [Pepper] Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> ---------------------------
> "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : OK
> : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I
> : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
> :
> : Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show
> : Frontgpage server extentions are installed.
> :
> : Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different
> : passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.
> :
> : The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
> : saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and
> : when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error
> message
> : saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server ( they
> are )
> : That the server is temporarily out of service
> : Something about a proxy settings / server
> : An error may have occurred on the server
> :
> : Any suggestions?
> :
> : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is
> : appreciated.
> :
> : Thank you all in advance
> :
> :
> :
>

> .

Tom Willett

      23rd Apr 2010
If you're using File | Publish, it doesn't bring up an old site.
Has the DNS changed? IP address? Have you contacted the host like I
suggested to see what may have changed?
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
"ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
: Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
:
: I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in the
: field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
: and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to
NOT
: bring up the other site?
:
: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
: >
: > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
: >
: >
: > --
: > ---------------------------
: > "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : OK
: > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up
and I
: > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
: > :
[...]
: > .
: >

ArabianArtist

      23rd Apr 2010
Tried FTP transfer too, set up my FTP user account with the host on my
Cpanel, got my username and password, etc.

Went to file, publish site and chose FTP

Entered ftp://www.saharaarabians.com/public_html/

Then it prompted me for my username and password for the FTP user account? I
think? So I entered my username and password... also tried my Cpanel user
name and PW... nothing.

I entered it in, being careful it was case sensitive, copied and pasted it
from my CPanel showing the account info...

Nothing. Keeps saying my password is case sensitive
I have checked and rechecked and double checked to make sure it is the same
"case"

Nothing

I can not get it to recognize that I am no longer working on the other site
and that this is a different site.

Could it be a problem on the hosting end?

"ArabianArtist" wrote:

> Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
>
> I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in the
> field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
> and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to NOT
> bring up the other site?
>
> "Tom Willett" wrote:
>
> > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
> >
> > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
> >

> > --
> > Tom [Pepper] Willett
> > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> > ---------------------------
> > "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > : OK
> > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I
> > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
> > :
> > : Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show
> > : Frontgpage server extentions are installed.
> > :
> > : Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different
> > : passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.
> > :
> > : The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
> > : saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and
> > : when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error
> > message
> > : saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server ( they
> > are )
> > : That the server is temporarily out of service
> > : Something about a proxy settings / server
> > : An error may have occurred on the server
> > :
> > : Any suggestions?
> > :
> > : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is
> > : appreciated.
> > :
> > : Thank you all in advance
> > :
> > :
> > :
> >

> > .

Tom Willett

      23rd Apr 2010
FTP accounts usually have different credentials, and the ones you have
probably won't work.

If you're going to try FTP, make sure you have a FTP account set up (which,
when used, will corrupt the FP Server Extensions.

Make sure you have the correct username and password for the FTP account.
Contact your host to get them.

Since you continue to ignore my suggestion to talk with your host about the
issue, I can no longer help you. Maybe somebody else will pick up.

--
: "ArabianArtist" wrote:
:
: > Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
: >
: > I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in
the
: > field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
: > and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to
NOT
: > bring up the other site?
: >
: > "Tom Willett" wrote:
: >
: > > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
: > >
: > > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
: > >
: > >
: > > --
: > > ---------------------------
: > > "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
: > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > > : OK
: > > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up
and I
: > > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
: > > :
[...]
: > > .
: > >

ArabianArtist

      23rd Apr 2010
Tom, I am sorry, I didn't see the post that I talk to my host about this
issue, I will certainly try that as well.

Thank you for your help

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> [...]
> : > : passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.
> : > :
> : > : The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
> : > : saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously,
> and
> : > : when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error
> : > message
> : > : saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server (
> they
> : > are )
> : > : That the server is temporarily out of service
> : > : Something about a proxy settings / server
> : > : An error may have occurred on the server
> : > :
> : > : Any suggestions?
> : > :
> : > : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is

Tom Willett

      23rd Apr 2010
The IP address may have changed, DNS records may not yet be completely
updated. All sorts of possibilities.
--
: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: > If you're using File | Publish, it doesn't bring up an old site.
: > Has the DNS changed? IP address? Have you contacted the host like I
: > suggested to see what may have changed?
: > --
: > Tom [Pepper] Willett
: > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: > ---------------------------
: > "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
: > news(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
: > :
: > : I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in
the
: > : field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
: > : and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage
: > NOT
: > : bring up the other site?
: > :
: > : "Tom Willett" wrote:
: > :
: > : > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
: > : >
: > : > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > ---------------------------
: > : > "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
: > message
: > : > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : > : OK
: > : > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is
up
: > and I
: > : > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
: > : > :
(
: > they
: > : > are )
: > : > : That the server is temporarily out of service
: > : > : Something about a proxy settings / server
: > : > : An error may have occurred on the server
: > : > :
: > : > : Any suggestions?
: > : > :
: > : > : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help
is
: > : > : appreciated.
: > : > :
: > : > : Thank you all in advance
: > : > :
: > : > :
: > : > :
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > .
: > : >
: >
: >
: > .
: >

Stefan B Rusynko

      24th Apr 2010
Contact your host to set/check the site permissions

When I try to view your site in a browser at http://saharaarabians.com/ I get
Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
>
> Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
>

> --
> Tom [Pepper] Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> ---------------------------
> "ArabianArtist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : OK
> : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I
> : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum
> :
> : Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show
> : Frontgpage server extentions are installed.
> :
> : Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different
> : passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.
> :
> : The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
> : saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and
> : when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error
> message
> : saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server ( they
> are )
> : That the server is temporarily out of service
> : Something about a proxy settings / server
> : An error may have occurred on the server
> :
> : Any suggestions?
> :
> : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is
> : appreciated.
> :
> : Thank you all in advance
> :
> :
> :
>

> .

Tina Clarke

      24th Apr 2010
What version of fp are you using?

You have the correct website open from the hd in fp?

you don't have a live site open do you?

What does it say at the top of fp program?

something like C:/ or does it start with http?

Tina
Expression Web EASTER GIVEAWAY
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.c...-giveaway.html
Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
Tips Ebooks x3
Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April