Changing language of application

Alfredo_CPA

      14th Oct 2008
My excel menu and everything else is in English. I will do some training to
Spanish speakers that have Excel menu in Spanish.

How can I change the whole application to Spanish?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

      14th Oct 2008
Purchase a Spanish version of Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:39:02 -0700, Alfredo_CPA
<(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote:

>My excel menu and everything else is in English. I will do some training to
>Spanish speakers that have Excel menu in Spanish.
>
>How can I change the whole application to Spanish?
>
>Thanks

Alfredo_CPA

      14th Oct 2008
Is that the only way to do it?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Purchase a Spanish version of Excel.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:39:02 -0700, Alfredo_CPA
> <(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> >My excel menu and everything else is in English. I will do some training to
> >Spanish speakers that have Excel menu in Spanish.
> >
> >How can I change the whole application to Spanish?
> >
> >Thanks

Dave Peterson

      15th Oct 2008
I think that there are Office Language packs that you can purchase.

Here's one for office 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...113681033.aspx

From that site:

How much do language packs cost?

Office Language Packs have a suggested retail price of $24.95 (U.S.) or their
foreign currency equivalent; the Multi-Language Pack has a suggested retail
price of $199 (U.S.). Please note that prices may be higher in other currencies
due to additional taxes and/or transaction costs.

How can I buy individual Office Language Packs?

Office Language Packs are available for purchase exclusively on Office Online.
To buy an Office Language Pack visit the Office Language Packs home page, click
the “buy a single language pack now” link, and follow the instructions. Please
note that individual language packs are not available through volume pricing and
licensing programs.

How can I buy the Multi-Language pack?

The Multi-Language Pack is available for purchase in major retail stores and via
their Web sites, as well as through Microsoft volume licensing programs.

=======

I just went to microsoft.com and search for:
office language pack spanish

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

      15th Oct 2008
Thanks Dave

Had heard of these but never looked into them

Much cheaper than my suggestion.

Gord

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:40:27 -0500, Dave Peterson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think that there are Office Language packs that you can purchase.
>
>Here's one for office 2007:
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...113681033.aspx
>
>From that site:
>
>How much do language packs cost?
>
>Office Language Packs have a suggested retail price of $24.95 (U.S.) or their
>foreign currency equivalent; the Multi-Language Pack has a suggested retail
>price of $199 (U.S.). Please note that prices may be higher in other currencies
>due to additional taxes and/or transaction costs.
>
>How can I buy individual Office Language Packs?
>
>Office Language Packs are available for purchase exclusively on Office Online.
>To buy an Office Language Pack visit the Office Language Packs home page, click
>the “buy a single language pack now” link, and follow the instructions. Please
>note that individual language packs are not available through volume pricing and
>licensing programs.
>
>How can I buy the Multi-Language pack?
>
>The Multi-Language Pack is available for purchase in major retail stores and via
>their Web sites, as well as through Microsoft volume licensing programs.
>

>=======
>
>I just went to microsoft.com and search for:
>office language pack spanish
>

>Alfredo_CPA wrote:
>>
>> Is that the only way to do it?
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > Purchase a Spanish version of Excel.
>> >

>> > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben

      15th Oct 2008
No

See Dave's reply about language packs.

Gord

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:41:00 -0700, Alfredo_CPA
<(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote:

>Is that the only way to do it?
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Purchase a Spanish version of Excel.
>>

>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>>

>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:39:02 -0700, Alfredo_CPA
>> <(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote:
>>
>> >My excel menu and everything else is in English. I will do some training to
>> >Spanish speakers that have Excel menu in Spanish.
>> >
>> >How can I change the whole application to Spanish?
>> >
>> >Thanks

Dave Peterson

      15th Oct 2008
I've never used them, either.

But I think Ron de Bruin has.

If that's correct, maybe Ron can chime in to see if they actually work <vbg>.

--

Dave Peterson

Alfredo_CPA

      15th Oct 2008
Thanks Dave and Gord.
I thought it was a matter of changing some kind of setup but now I know it
costs money. Well it is what it is...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> No
>
> See Dave's reply about language packs.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:41:00 -0700, Alfredo_CPA
> <(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> >Is that the only way to do it?
> >
> >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> >> Purchase a Spanish version of Excel.
> >>

> >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Ron de Bruin

      15th Oct 2008
Hi Dave

Yes I run a Dutch language pack on my laptop with English Office 2007
Working OK and easier and cheaper then in the older Excel versions.

For <2007 you can buy a MUI Office version
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402171033.aspx

I also installed the Dutch Vista language pack on my English Vista
I can switch between Dutch and English on that machine now

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dave Peterson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've never used them, either.
>
> But I think Ron de Bruin has.
>
> If that's correct, maybe Ron can chime in to see if they actually work <vbg>.
>
> Gord Dibben wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dave
>>
>> Had heard of these but never looked into them
>>
>> Much cheaper than my suggestion.
>>
>> Gord
>>
>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:40:27 -0500, Dave Peterson
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I think that there are Office Language packs that you can purchase.
>> >
>> >Here's one for office 2007:
>> >http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...113681033.aspx
>> >
>> >From that site:
>> >
>> >How much do language packs cost?
>> >
>> >Office Language Packs have a suggested retail price of $24.95 (U.S.) or their
>> >foreign currency equivalent; the Multi-Language Pack has a suggested retail
>> >price of $199 (U.S.). Please note that prices may be higher in other currencies
>> >due to additional taxes and/or transaction costs.
>> >
>> >How can I buy individual Office Language Packs?
>> >
>> >Office Language Packs are available for purchase exclusively on Office Online.
>> >To buy an Office Language Pack visit the Office Language Packs home page, click
>> >the "buy a single language pack now" link, and follow the instructions. Please
>> >note that individual language packs are not available through volume pricing and
>> >licensing programs.
>> >
>> >How can I buy the Multi-Language pack?
>> >
>> >The Multi-Language Pack is available for purchase in major retail stores and via
>> >their Web sites, as well as through Microsoft volume licensing programs.
>> >

>> >=======
>> >
>> >I just went to microsoft.com and search for:
>> >office language pack spanish

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson