Changing the Forms & Reports Default Font in Access 2007

Stuart Bratesman

      12th Aug 2008
I would like to know if there is a way to change the default font for objects
in Access 2007 forms and reports. I know how to change the default font for
an individual form or report. However, if I change the default fonts for one
form, and then save and close it, then when I create my next new form, the
default font for the objects in the new form reverts to Calibri.

I'd really like to be able to change the default so that when I create a new
database application, the default font for all new forms and reports will
have been automatically pre-set to Arial or whatever other font I had
previously chosen.

I have searched for such a setting through all the Access 2007 Options
windows, I've searched my Windows XP registry for every instance of
"Calibri", and I've searched the contents of the various "Application Data"
and "Local Settings" folders within the "C:\Documents and Settings" folder,
but come up empty handed.

--
Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP
Muskie School of Public Service

Bill Mosca

      12th Aug 2008
What most of us old timers do is create a blank form and report, set up all
the defaults on them and then import them into all new databases.

One more step to take is to set your templates under Office Button>Access
Options>Object Designers to those 2 "default objects" instead of the
built-in ones you should get what you want.

But if you do not import the default form and report into a database it will
automatically use the built-in templates.

--
Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
http://www.thatlldoit.com

"Stuart Bratesman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to know if there is a way to change the default font for
>objects
> in Access 2007 forms and reports. I know how to change the default font
> for
> an individual form or report. However, if I change the default fonts for
> one
> form, and then save and close it, then when I create my next new form, the
> default font for the objects in the new form reverts to Calibri.
>
> I'd really like to be able to change the default so that when I create a
> new
> database application, the default font for all new forms and reports will
> have been automatically pre-set to Arial or whatever other font I had
> previously chosen.
>
> I have searched for such a setting through all the Access 2007 Options
> windows, I've searched my Windows XP registry for every instance of
> "Calibri", and I've searched the contents of the various "Application
> Data"
> and "Local Settings" folders within the "C:\Documents and Settings"
> folder,
> but come up empty handed.
>
> --
> Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP
> Muskie School of Public Service
> Univ. of Southern Maine
> Portland, Maine

Stuart Bratesman

      12th Aug 2008
Brilliant! That would absolutely solve the problem.

--

"Bill Mosca" wrote:

> What most of us old timers do is create a blank form and report, set up all
> the defaults on them and then import them into all new databases.
>
> One more step to take is to set your templates under Office Button>Access
> Options>Object Designers to those 2 "default objects" instead of the
> built-in ones you should get what you want.
>
> But if you do not import the default form and report into a database it will
> automatically use the built-in templates.
>
> --
> Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
> http://www.thatlldoit.com
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
>

> "Stuart Bratesman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I would like to know if there is a way to change the default font for
> >objects
> > in Access 2007 forms and reports. I know how to change the default font
> > for
> > an individual form or report. However, if I change the default fonts for
> > one
> > form, and then save and close it, then when I create my next new form, the
> > default font for the objects in the new form reverts to Calibri.
> >
> > I'd really like to be able to change the default so that when I create a
> > new
> > database application, the default font for all new forms and reports will
> > have been automatically pre-set to Arial or whatever other font I had
> > previously chosen.
> >
> > I have searched for such a setting through all the Access 2007 Options
> > windows, I've searched my Windows XP registry for every instance of
> > "Calibri", and I've searched the contents of the various "Application
> > Data"
> > and "Local Settings" folders within the "C:\Documents and Settings"
> > folder,
> > but come up empty handed.
> >
> > --
> > Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP
> > Muskie School of Public Service
> > Univ. of Southern Maine
> > Portland, Maine

Bill Mosca

      13th Aug 2008
Stuart

Glad it helped.

Since most of my databases have their own color scheme, I just put the
values as constants in a module so I can refer to them if need be. I also
wrote some code that will change the defaults for a form.

If you are interested in a copy of it, contact me through my web site (link
in my signature).