Changing default printer.....

Cerebrus99

      6th Feb 2006
Hi Pete,

If there is no user intervention possible, You can use the
PrintDocument.PrinterSettings property, through which you can specify
several Printer settings.
---------------------------------------
Dim pd As New PrintDocument()

' Specify the name of the printer to use.
pd.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = MyPrinter

'Set the no. of copies to print
pd.PrinterSettings.Copies = 2

'Set the range of pages to print
pd.PrinterSettings.PrintRange = PrintRange.AllPages

If pd.PrinterSettings.IsValid then
pd.Print()
Else
MessageBox.Show("Printer is invalid.")
End If

---------------------------------------

If you don't know the names of the installed printers, you can get it from
the PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters collection.

Regards,

Cerebrus.

Pete Smith

      9th Feb 2006
I am using the PrintDocument for my print application.

Currently it is printing to the default printer.

How to change to a different printer?

VB.Net 2003 & .Net Framework 1.1.

Thank you,

Pete

jvb

      9th Feb 2006
Try opening a PrintDialog box and setting it's return value equal to
the printer that the user selects.

Pete Smith

      9th Feb 2006
Sorry I forgot to mention. It is an automated program. No manual
intervention.
-Pete

"jvb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try opening a PrintDialog box and setting it's return value equal to
> the printer that the user selects.

Eric Moreau

      11th Feb 2006
See my article of March 2005 at http://emoreau.s2i.com/

--

HTH

Éric Moreau, MCSD, Visual Developer - Visual Basic MVP
Conseiller Principal / Senior Consultant
Concept S2i inc. (www.s2i.com)
http://emoreau.s2i.com/

"Pete Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using the PrintDocument for my print application.
>
> Currently it is printing to the default printer.
>
> How to change to a different printer?
>
> VB.Net 2003 & .Net Framework 1.1.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Pete

romalyntaguinod.07@gmail.com

      10th Jul 2012
On Friday, February 10, 2006 1:34:53 AM UTC+8, Pete Smith wrote:
> I am using the PrintDocument for my print application.
>
> Currently it is printing to the default printer.
>
> How to change to a different printer?
>
> VB.Net 2003 &amp; .Net Framework 1.1.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Pete

Thank you so much.. It's a big help for my project here in our company.. Be bless..