Changing cell color with a formula?

roguegrafix@yahoo.com

      18th Aug 2012
Hi All,

I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cell changes to red).

Many thanks in advance.
Steve
Thailand

lhkittle@comcast.net

      19th Aug 2012
On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).
>

> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Steve
>
> Thailand

Excel 2010.
Select cell
Under HOME click Conditional Fomatting
Click Highlight rules
Click Greater than
In the box enter 4
In the drop down to the left select th color
Click OK

Hope that helps.

Regards,Howard

lhkittle@comcast.net

      19th Aug 2012
On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).
>

> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Steve
>
> Thailand

Acually the color selection is to the right.

roguegrafix@yahoo.com

      19th Aug 2012
Awe

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:12:54 AM UTC+7, (unknown) wrote:
> On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
>
> > Hi All,

> > I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cell changes to red).

> > Many thanks in advance.

> > Steve

> > Thailand

> Acually the color selection is to the right.

Awesome!Using Excel 2003 but found everything as you described it under theformatting heading. Many, many thanks!