Changed Password on Desktop, Can't Login on Notebook

wielager

      6th Oct 2009
My boss has a Sony notebook with Windows XP. He also has a desktop. We have
Windows 2003 Small Business Server on our server. The notebook connects to
the network wirelessly. We have a domain.

Our network policy is to force people to change passwords periodically. My
boss changed his network password using his desktop. When he tries to login
with the notebook it won't recognize his new password and it won't log him
on. It WILL allow him to log into the notebook with his old password, but
when he does that he has no internet connection or ability to access anything
on the network.

I've tried using ipconfig /flushdns -- it didn't change the situation.
Help!
Ron

Richard G. Harper

      7th Oct 2009
Connect the notebook on a wired connection. That alone should resolve the
problem. If not log on with the "old" credentials and then from an elevated
command prompt type "gpupdate /force" and reboot. Log on a second time
wired, then wireless should be fine. Repeat as necessary when password
changes.

"wielager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My boss has a Sony notebook with Windows XP. He also has a desktop. We
> have
> Windows 2003 Small Business Server on our server. The notebook connects to
> the network wirelessly. We have a domain.
>
> Our network policy is to force people to change passwords periodically. My
> boss changed his network password using his desktop. When he tries to
> login
> with the notebook it won't recognize his new password and it won't log him
> on. It WILL allow him to log into the notebook with his old password, but
> when he does that he has no internet connection or ability to access
> anything
> on the network.
>
> I've tried using ipconfig /flushdns -- it didn't change the situation.
> Help!
> Ron

wielager

      8th Oct 2009

Thanks. I'll try it when my boss is back in town with the notebook.

Ike

      13th Nov 2009

I'm having the same problem and tried but still hasn't solved my problem. Any other suggestions?

wielager wrote:

Thanks. I will try it when my boss is back in town with the notebook.
08-Oct-09

Thanks. I will try it when my boss is back in town with the notebook.

On Tuesday, October 06, 2009 6:20 PM
wielager wrote:

Changed Password on Desktop, Can't Login on Notebook
My boss has a Sony notebook with Windows XP. He also has a desktop. We have
Windows 2003 Small Business Server on our server. The notebook connects to
the network wirelessly. We have a domain.

Our network policy is to force people to change passwords periodically. My
boss changed his network password using his desktop. When he tries to login
with the notebook it will not recognize his new password and it will not log him
on. It WILL allow him to log into the notebook with his old password, but
when he does that he has no internet connection or ability to access anything
on the network.

I have tried using ipconfig /flushdns -- it did not change the situation.
Help!
Ron

On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 5:57 AM
Richard G. Harper wrote:

Connect the notebook on a wired connection.
Connect the notebook on a wired connection. That alone should resolve the
problem. If not log on with the "old" credentials and then from an elevated
command prompt type "gpupdate /force" and reboot. Log on a second time
wired, then wireless should be fine. Repeat as necessary when password
changes.

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 9:01 AM
wielager wrote:

Thanks. I will try it when my boss is back in town with the notebook.
Thanks. I will try it when my boss is back in town with the notebook.

Consuming OPML with LINQ and Syndication Framework
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...with-linq.aspx