Change Password with code

Damien McBain

      2nd Sep 2004
My DB is secured with a workgroup file. All the forms are full screen so
there are no menus and users can't show the DB window.

Does anyone know where I can find some code to change the current user's
password? I've looked on Lebans, Allen Browne and, MVPS. Also googled a bit.

Damien

Wayne Morgan

      2nd Sep 2004
It is part of the Workspaces object.

DbEngine.Workspaces(0).Users("UserName").NewPassword "OldPassword",
"NewPassword"

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

"Damien McBain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4136ffe5$0$19900$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My DB is secured with a workgroup file. All the forms are full screen so
> there are no menus and users can't show the DB window.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find some code to change the current user's
> password?

Douglas J. Steele

      2nd Sep 2004
Wayne's given you the correct answer. You may want to check out the Access
Security FAQ for other useful code snippets.
http://support.microsoft.com/support...ent/secfaq.asp

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele