change outlook 2003 color

=?Utf-8?B?Q0hJR0dT?=

      8th Mar 2006
I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook was
blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says to
make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and
re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to get
the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?

thanks

Roady [MVP]

      9th Mar 2006
What theme have you selected in Windows?
On the Display Properties-> tab Appearance also check the settings for
"Windows and buttons" and "Color scheme"

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"CHIGGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook
was
blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says
make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and
re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to
get
the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?

thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q0hJR0dT?=

      9th Mar 2006
Hi Roady-
I have "Windows XP" theme selected.
Under Appearance tab I have Window XP Style
Color: Default blue
Seems I have the correct options chosen, but Outlook is still gray in color.
(even after rebooting)
I'm stumped!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> What theme have you selected in Windows?
> On the Display Properties-> tab Appearance also check the settings for
> "Windows and buttons" and "Color scheme"
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>
> -----
> "CHIGGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook
> was
> blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says
> make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and
> re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to
> get
> the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?
>
> thanks

Drew

      15th Mar 2006
I have the same issue, I installed with windows classic theme and now
my outlook 2003 is all grey and colorless. I went back to windows xp
theme of blue and restarted. Still gray. I want it colorful!!!

CHIGGS wrote:
> Hi Roady-
> I have "Windows XP" theme selected.
> Under Appearance tab I have Window XP Style
> Color: Default blue
> Seems I have the correct options chosen, but Outlook is still gray in color.
> (even after rebooting)
> I'm stumped!
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > What theme have you selected in Windows?
> > On the Display Properties-> tab Appearance also check the settings for
> > "Windows and buttons" and "Color scheme"
> >
> > --
> > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > www.howto-outlook.com
> >
> > Tips of the month:
> > -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> > -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
> >
> > -----
> > "CHIGGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook
> > was
> > blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says
> > make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and
> > re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to
> > get
> > the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?
> >
> > thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q0hJR0dT?=

      15th Mar 2006
I have given up hope.
Even our IT department cannot figure it out????
I am guessing the only way to do this is to unistall and re-intall the
office 2003 package, but I'd rather deal with the gray than have to customize
all my settings again.

Thanks for the response. Glad I am not the only one who is confused.
Have a good day.

"Drew" wrote:

> I have the same issue, I installed with windows classic theme and now
> my outlook 2003 is all grey and colorless. I went back to windows xp
> theme of blue and restarted. Still gray. I want it colorful!!!
>

> CHIGGS wrote:
> > Hi Roady-
> > I have "Windows XP" theme selected.
> > Under Appearance tab I have Window XP Style
> > Color: Default blue
> > Seems I have the correct options chosen, but Outlook is still gray in color.
> > (even after rebooting)
> > I'm stumped!
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > What theme have you selected in Windows?
> > > On the Display Properties-> tab Appearance also check the settings for
> > > "Windows and buttons" and "Color scheme"
> > >
> > > --
> > > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > > www.howto-outlook.com
> > >
> > > Tips of the month:
> > > -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> > > -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
> > >
> > > -----
> > > "CHIGGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook
> > > was
> > > blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says
> > > make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and
> > > re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to
> > > get
> > > the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?
> > >
> > > thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UA==?=

      11th Apr 2006
Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have the same problem. IT came
in and installed some Windows updates or something and now my Outlook looks
all f'd up. Ugly!

Thanks in advance.

"CHIGGS" wrote:

> I have given up hope.
> Even our IT department cannot figure it out????
> I am guessing the only way to do this is to unistall and re-intall the
> office 2003 package, but I'd rather deal with the gray than have to customize
> all my settings again.
>
> Thanks for the response. Glad I am not the only one who is confused.
> Have a good day.
>
> "Drew" wrote:
>
> > I have the same issue, I installed with windows classic theme and now
> > my outlook 2003 is all grey and colorless. I went back to windows xp
> > theme of blue and restarted. Still gray. I want it colorful!!!
> >

> > CHIGGS wrote:
> > > Hi Roady-
> > > I have "Windows XP" theme selected.
> > > Under Appearance tab I have Window XP Style
> > > Color: Default blue
> > > Seems I have the correct options chosen, but Outlook is still gray in color.
> > > (even after rebooting)
> > > I'm stumped!

=?Utf-8?B?Q0hJR0dT?=

      11th Apr 2006
I was informed by IT that they would have to uninstall and re-install Office
2003 to possibly fix the color issue with the Outlook.
Since I have already have all my settings and calendars shared I don't
think it would be worth while to start from scratch to fix the color of my
Outlook. Oh well.
Sure wish Microsoft was as simple as Apple.