change language: from Hungarian to English

Tom

      24th Sep 2008
Hello,
I bought today a laptop in Hungary (MSI Wind U100), and it came with an OEM
version of windows XP, in Hungarian language.
I would to change the interface so it would be all in the english language.
I tried to download the LIP (language interface pack), but it redirected me
to a readme page (and it seems that I have the minimal requirments, so I dont
understand why it wont let me download)

How can I make it work?
Thank you in advance,
Tom K.

Leonard Grey

      24th Sep 2008
Localized versions of Windows can't be 'converted' to another language.
Install an English language version of Windows.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Tom wrote:
> Hello,
> I bought today a laptop in Hungary (MSI Wind U100), and it came with an OEM
> version of windows XP, in Hungarian language.
> I would to change the interface so it would be all in the english language.
> I tried to download the LIP (language interface pack), but it redirected me
> to a readme page (and it seems that I have the minimal requirments, so I dont
> understand why it wont let me download)
>
> How can I make it work?
> Thank you in advance,
> Tom K.

Ken Blake, MVP

      24th Sep 2008
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 04:51:00 -0700, Tom
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
> I bought today a laptop in Hungary (MSI Wind U100), and it came with an OEM
> version of windows XP, in Hungarian language.
> I would to change the interface so it would be all in the english language.
> I tried to download the LIP (language interface pack), but it redirected me
> to a readme page (and it seems that I have the minimal requirments, so I dont
> understand why it wont let me download)
>
> How can I make it work?
> Thank you in advance,

Unfortunately, you need to buy an English version. There's no way to
convert what you have.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup