Change Excel Column Headings from A,B etc to names?

Sandy Mac

      22nd May 2008
I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I
do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and
addres etc column headings which google will accept

Gord Dibben

      22nd May 2008
You cannot change the column headers.

Use row 1 for your column titles of Name, Address etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:46:00 -0700, Sandy Mac <Sandy
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I
>do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and
>addres etc column headings which google will accept

Gordon

      22nd May 2008
"Sandy Mac" <Sandy (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I
> do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and
> addres etc column headings which google will accept

You type your field headings in row 1. You can't change the column names
from A B C etc.