Change default export to Excel location - Access 2007

Tony

      9th Apr 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop. I've
looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to make
the change.

Any help is appreciated.

Gina Whipp

      10th Apr 2010
Tony,

Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put
any path you wish.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,

Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop. I've
looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to make
the change.

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

      12th Apr 2010
Gina,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something a lot more down &
dirty - select the records, click export, and be done with it. I'm assuming
there must be a reg key I can hack; I can't find anything in the UI...

"Gina Whipp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
>
> Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put
> any path you wish.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
> exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
> Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
> the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop.
> I've
> looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to
> make
> the change.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Gina Whipp

      13th Apr 2010
Tony,

Not that I am aware of... Most folks would just attach some code or use the
TransferSpreadsheet on a button.

Good Luck!
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Gina,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something a lot more down &
dirty - select the records, click export, and be done with it. I'm assuming
there must be a reg key I can hack; I can't find anything in the UI...

"Gina Whipp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
>
> Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put
> any path you wish.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
> exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
> Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
> the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop.
> I've
> looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to
> make
> the change.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Tony

      15th Apr 2010
Thanks, Gina. If you've got any 'pull' in Redmond, perhaps this could be a
suggestion for the dev team. Something like default file location.

I appreciate the feedback.

Tony

"Gina Whipp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
>
> Not that I am aware of... Most folks would just attach some code or use
> the
> TransferSpreadsheet on a button.
>
> Good Luck!
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gina,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something a lot more down &
> dirty - select the records, click export, and be done with it. I'm
> assuming
> there must be a reg key I can hack; I can't find anything in the UI...
>

> "Gina Whipp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tony,
>>
>> Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can
>> put
>> any path you wish.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Tony" <|(E-Mail Removed)|> wrote in message
>> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
>> exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
>> Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
>> the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop.
>> I've
>> looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to
>> make
>> the change.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.

Gina Whipp

      17th Apr 2010
Tony,

Nope no *pull* but will yell from the mountain tops!