How to change cases from small to capital in all cells?

=?Utf-8?B?S2hvc2hyYXZhbg==?=

      18th Sep 2006
I have to change the case of all characters from small to Capital in all
cells of an excel file (Excel 2003 and lower).
MS Word has a command called: Change case, which changes the case of
selected letters from Capital to small and vise versa. Is there any
equivalent of this command in Excel? I couldn’t find it. If there is not,
what is the fastest way to change all letters from small to Capital in Excel?
If there is any Macro or VBA solution, please let me know.
One way might be to Copy/paste to word, do the change and return.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZmk=?=

      18th Sep 2006
Try this macro:
Sub chtocaps()
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value)
Next cell
End Sub

Regards,
Stefi

„Khoshravan” ezt *rta:

> I have to change the case of all characters from small to Capital in all
> cells of an excel file (Excel 2003 and lower).
> MS Word has a command called: Change case, which changes the case of
> selected letters from Capital to small and vise versa. Is there any
> equivalent of this command in Excel? I couldn’t find it. If there is not,
> what is the fastest way to change all letters from small to Capital in Excel?
> If there is any Macro or VBA solution, please let me know.
> One way might be to Copy/paste to word, do the change and return.
>

> --
> Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
> Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

=?Utf-8?B?S2hvc2hyYXZhbg==?=

      18th Sep 2006
Thanks for your solution. It helped me a lot. As its extension:
Is it possible to extend this Macro to do the same job for different files
(let say 14 files) inside one folder? All files have only one sheet.
If it is not possible, I can condensate all files into single file with 14
sheets. Then would it be possible to amend that Macro to perform the job for
14 sheets inside single file?
Thanks in Advance

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Stefi" wrote:

> Try this macro:
> Sub chtocaps()
> For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
> cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value)
> Next cell
> End Sub
>
> Regards,
> Stefi
>

> „Khoshravan” ezt *rta:
>
> > I have to change the case of all characters from small to Capital in all
> > cells of an excel file (Excel 2003 and lower).
> > MS Word has a command called: Change case, which changes the case of
> > selected letters from Capital to small and vise versa. Is there any
> > equivalent of this command in Excel? I couldn’t find it. If there is not,
> > what is the fastest way to change all letters from small to Capital in Excel?
> > If there is any Macro or VBA solution, please let me know.
> > One way might be to Copy/paste to word, do the change and return.
> >

> > --
> > Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
> > Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Gord Dibben

      18th Sep 2006
And be prepared to have all your formulas change to values.

Use this modified version which will not affect formulas.

Sub chtocaps()
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
cell.Formula = UCase(cell.Formula)
Next cell