CD-RW drive won't read photo CD

Liam

      21st Dec 2003
Hi,

I recently installed an AOpen CD-RW drive on a new Dell
PC. It works fine for most operations but it refuses to
read a certain number of the Photo CDs I have put
together from my digital photos and also some CDs of
photos downloaded from the Internet. When it does not
read, the computer label is given as UDFREADER (E in My
Computer. I don't know if it's significant that none of
these CDs was made using the AOpen CD-RW drive. All of
the non-functioning CDs can be read on my other PCs.

Has anyone come across this problem? How can I rid my
new PC of this gremlin?

Regards

Liam

John Inzer

      21st Dec 2003
Maybe this KB article will offer some clues:

(321640) CD-ROM Drive May Not Be Able
to Read a UDF-Formatted Disc in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321640

Free...Adaptec UDF Reader Driver 5.1.1.213
http://download.com.com/3000-2100-9497911.html

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

Picture It! Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=pic

news:006601c3c7f8$f9eef5f0$(E-Mail Removed)...